Electric Motors and Gear Motors for Food and Beverage Equipment
For the last 30 years, food service OEMs have partnered with Power Electric for optimized, highly reliable yet cost-effective electric motor and gear motor solutions. Our experts help you develop and implement the motors that best fit your business needs. Additionally, our industry-leading logistics and inventory management ensures uninterrupted supply of motors while optimizing cash flow for our clients.
If you’re a food service OEM, Power Electric is your high-volume motor resource for the life of your business.
Types of Food and Beverage Equipment We Work With
You manufacture the highest quality food and beverage equipment, and you need motors that live up to your standards. Power Electric delivers. Our clients rely on us to provide powerful, reliable motors in significant quantities for a wide array of food and beverage service applications.
- Commercial grills
- Conveyor equipment
- Conveyor ovens
- Conveyor toasters
- Deep fryer equipment (commercial)
- Food packaging equipment
- Frozen beverage machines (commercial)
- Glass washers (commercial)
- Hot beverage machines (commercial)
- Ice making machines (commercial)
- Liquid and dispensing equipment
- Mixers/blenders (commercial)
- Popcorn machines
- Roller grills (commercial)
- Slicing machines
- Solid/frozen product dispensing equipment
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Food and Beverage Industry Motors
1. What motor/gear motor technologies are trending upward in food and beverage equipment applications?
Brushless DC motors and brushless DC gear motors are being used more and more because the industry is recognizing that these motors provide a long service life and high efficiency.
More efficient AC gear motors are another trend. The motors, often using hypoid, bevel or spiral bevel gear reducers, provide increased efficiency, greater output speed and better overall performance.
Finally, optimized solutions have overtaken standard solutions. Standardized solutions typically include features that are unnecessary for a particular application, yet the customer still pays for them. Today’s manufacturers have realized that customized motor solutions eliminate unnecessary costs by only including features that suit particular needs. These individually tailored solutions are developed quickly through Power Electric, without the worries about supply or inventory.
2. Can Power Electric provide a solution with all necessary agency approvals?
Absolutely. We work with clients on the front end to fully define the critical requirements of their application, including all necessary agency approvals/markings. This includes RoHS, Reach, UL, CE, and many more. Those requirements become part of our product specification and are carried through the entire proof of concept, prototype, qualification, and production stages of development.
3. How can Power Electric help us improve our product margins/profitability without sacrificing performance and reliability?
We do this in multiple ways:
- Solutions optimized to your critical needs so you don’t pay for unnecessary features.
- Reducing your time to market on new product development programs by leveraging our technical expertise, a broad range of motor and gear technologies, global quality personnel, and internal testing capabilities.
- Customized Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), consignment, drop-ship inventory management programs that keep inventory off your books but in the supply chain.
- Audited and approved world-class global manufacturing capabilities that can leverage cost-effective labor rates, highly automated production lines, and economies of scale to minimize your costs and maximize your profits.
Our technical and quality personnel enable you to move value engineering or new product development programs forward faster, without having to add your own internal resources, reducing the overall program investment and driving higher ROI.