Trusted electric motor and gear motor solutions for automatic door OEMs.
Power Electric has partnered with the world’s leading automatic door operator manufacturers for more than two decades. We take pride in providing door operator OEMs with the most reliable, yet cost effective, gear motor solutions in the industry.
Automatic door manufacturers rely on Power Electric to provide motor and gear motor engineering, design, production, quality, and logistics services. Whether you are kicking off a new R&D project or need to improve an existing product, our technical experts partner with you to identify and deliver the optimal solution for your specific application needs.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Automatic Door Operator Motors
1. What motor/gear motor technologies are trending upward in automatic door operator applications?
Brushless DC motors and brushless DC gear motors are today’s most popular choice for automatic door applications. There are a variety of reasons for this, including the long service life of these motors, their excellent efficiency and the ease with which these motors can be operated via smart devices.
Integrated motor controls are another trend. Packaging the motor driver/controller inside the motor allows for reduced wiring and installation costs, plus it typically provides significant space savings.
Speaking of space savings, OEMs are expressing a strong desire for physically smaller motors that still deliver a punch. To achieve this, Power Electric often customizes drivetrain solutions (motors and gearing) to provide optimal performance while fitting into smaller spaces.
Finally, energy efficient motors are becoming a priority. An OEM can gain a significant competitive advantage by providing highly energy efficient motors. The push toward energy efficiency is driving the evolution of next generation door operators to high-performance (BLDC) motors and gearing solutions.
2. Can Power Electric provide a solution with all necessary agency approvals?
Definitely. We work cooperatively with OEMs from the very beginning of our relationship to fully define the critical requirements of the application, including all necessary agency approvals/markings. This includes RoHS, Reach, UL, CE, and any other approvals that may be necessary. Those requirements are carried through the entire proof of concept, prototype, qualification, and production stages of development.
3. How can Power Electric help us improve our product margins/profitability without sacrificing performance and reliability?
Power Electric does this in several ways:
- Ensuring that solutions are optimized to your specific needs, not loaded with unnecessary features.
- Enabling you to get to market quicker by leveraging our technical expertise, broad range of motor and gear technologies, global quality personnel, and internal testing capabilities.
- Keeping inventory off your books but in the supply chain by utilizing customized Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), consignment and drop-ship inventory management programs.
- Minimize costs and maximize profits by accessing our audited and approved world-class global manufacturing capabilities that can leverage cost-effective labor rates, highly automated production, and economies of scale.
- Realize lower initial investment costs and higher ROI by utilizing our technical and quality experts, minimizing the allocation of internal resources needed to successfully implement your product development or value engineering program.